OUR VISION AND VALUES
NewSong Church is a community of people who desire to follow Jesus’ invitation to a better way of living, an invitation that includes communion with Himself, community with others, and commission to the world. As we engage these three Foundational Values, we are equipped to fulfill God’s Co-Mission for us: serving God together, sharing God's love and truth, and walking humbly by faith.
Mission and Vision
- Risk obedience to Christ—Jesus' invitation to us is an invitation to trust and follow. It isn't the easiest or safest thing to do. The fact Jesus risked everything in His death and resurrection to provide that invitation is a strong indication that His promise is trustworthy.
Be an authentic community—We are real about who we are and who we aren't. Authenticity of this kind is uncommonly refreshing. We cherish it. Authentic community is contagious and points to the reality of Jesus' work in us.
Be transformed by God and the reality of God’s Reign—God's reign is expressed in the authority, power, and influence that characterizes God's relationship to creation. Real change and real hope aren't possible any other way.
1. Communion - United With God
Believe in Me - John 6; John 20; Romans 10
- Abide in Me - Psalm 46; John 15
- Become like Me - 2 Corinthians 3; Galatians 4
2. Community - United By God
- Love one another - John 13; Philippians 2; 1 John 4
- Commit to one another - Romans 12; Colossians 3
- Sharpen one another - Proverbs 27; Ephesians 4
3. Commission - United For God
- Serve humbly as Christ - John 13; Philippians 2
- Share Christ's truth and love - Matthew 28; 2 Timothy 4
- Walk by faith as the Spirit leads - Psalm 23; 2 Corinthians 5